Let's balance out: what is it?It isn't as bad as you think. Or maybe it is.
Another week has passed and we're back with the climate updates! This is "Let's balance out" and you'll read one good news and one bad news about the climate crisis. Here you can find the article of last week. Shall we begin?
So what do you want first? The good news or the bad news?
Good news: six changes to reduce emissions
- According to a study by the University of Leeds,
1. Have a primarily plant-based diet
2. Buy no more than 3 new items of clothing per year
3. Keep electrical products for at least seven years
4. Take a plane every three years
5. Get rid of your motor vehicles
6. Convert to renewable energy
Is this possible in your opinion? Read this article by The Guardian to find out more!
Bad news: the impact of the war in Ukraine on the climate fightAccording to a Ukrainian scientist, the war of recent weeks is rapidly closing the "window of opportunity" we have to fight climate change. This is because what is happening in Ukraine right now is the most important thing that needs to be addressed, and in general Dr Krakovska says that Europe's dependence on Russian gas and oil is financing the conflict.
Read this BBC article to find out more!